IMPACT LIVINGApril 24, 2022
Super womanMay 8, 2022
40 DAYS - After His Resurrection
PS JAENELLE KEYS (MIDVAAL CAMPUS)
Family, This morning I want to share with you the significance of the 40days our Lord Jesus Christ spent on earth between the time of His Resurrection and His Ascension. One will wonder why stay 40 days on earth when he could have gone straight to his father. He stayed back because he loves us, he love his disciples and want to prepare them for the coming of the Holy Spirit." IT IS A TIME OF EXPECTATION." In the word of God 40 is so significant so much that there were notable accounts of events like in the time of Noah were It rained 40 days, 40 nights, Jesus was in the desert 40 days before his ministry started, The Israelites were in the desert 40 years before they reached the promised land, so 40 is insignificant number.
Bible Ref: Acts 1:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:3,5-7,17-20, Luke 24:13,21,25-27, Mark 8:31-32, Matt 27:62-63, Mark 16:9-14, Luke 24:36-49, John 20:26-29, John 21:15-19,25.
FIVE SUGGESTIONS WHY JESUS STAYED FOR 40 DAYS
- PROVE HE IS ALIVE: Acts 1:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:3,5-7,17-20, In these verses you see the significance of this wasn't only for the disciples and the pastors and the brethren of that time, It was important for them because they needed to know that they served a living God. He needed to prove to them that death couldn't hold him down. But he also needed them to record what they saw so that as today that we can say he's alive, Amen.
- REVEAL FULFILLMENT OF SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 15, Luke 24:25 the Apostle Paul wrote that “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. He needed them to see the connection between what was prophecy and what happened. Even though he is the messiah it was significant for him to reveal to them that he came to fulfil the scriptures
- REMIND HIS DISCIPLES: Mark 8:31-32, Matt 27:62-63, Mark 16:9-14, They were being sad. The person they love, the person they were following was crucified, brutally murdered, put on the cross. I can understand how it could be hard for them to imagine that person rising again But on two accounts they received good news but they do not believe because they forgot all Jesus told them "The Pharisees Remembered but his Disciples forgot."
- REAFFIRM HIS LOVE: Luke 24 : 36 +44-49 He does 4 significant things, He Reminds them, Open their minds, He gave them Identities "YOU ARE WITNESSES" and Promise them the Holy Spirit because he love them and he does that for us today.
- INSTRUCTIONS & PURPOSE: Acts 1:4-8, Mark 16:14-16, Matt 28:18-20 Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [c]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
"JESUS RESTORES PETER " John 21:15-19 3 times Peter denied Jesus, so Jesus wanted him to hear himself confess that he loves Jesus 3 times also so that his restoration can be complete. He said to him, “Feed My lambs, Tend My sheep, Feed My sheep and Follow Me.” oh we serve a faithful God. He doesn't only give them purpose and direction, he doesn't only remind them of the things he told them, he opens up their understanding. if you read your bible and you don't understand, you can pray to your father in heaven and ask to open up your mind, open up the eyes your understanding so when you read there will be a revelation.
Kindly use the icons below to share this message with others. Thanks and God bless you as you share the gospel digitally.